You are part of this history! Share your stories of Covid-19 in Geneva with the Geneva History Museum to document this historic crisis. The GHM Archives contains many journals, letters and documents from previous historic events and this experience is important to share with future generations.
NEW – Coloring pages of historic buildings in Geneva: While we are all spending more time at home, have some fun coloring and drop it off in the Covid-Journal Project mail box to the left of the museum’s front door. These coloring pages will be put on display in the museum’s front windows for all to see as they are walking by. Choose from the following (more to come)
Kane County Court House on South Third Street.
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on Fourth Street.
Windmill in Fabyan Forest Preserve.
There are several ways you can participate in Geneva’s Covid-19 Journal Project:
1. Write your daily thoughts and send them to GHM along with your name, address, phone and e-mail address.
By mail GHM, 113 South Third Street, Geneva, IL 60134
Drop-Off at GHM in our Covid-Journal Project mail box to the left of our front door
Or by e-mail to director@GenevaHistoryMuseum.org
2. Video record your daily thoughts or share photos and post on social media, tag the Geneva History Museum and use #GenevaCovidJournalProject
Here are some tips to get your journaling started:
- Working from home
- Schooling from home
- Parenting while also teaching at home
- Changes to your normal routine, such as grocery shopping
- Caring for a family member
- New or old hobbies to pass the time
- How you stay fit while quarantined
- How are you dealing with quarantine
- If you are in the healthcare field, what is it like?
- Acts of kindness and support in the community
Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to reading and sharing your stories.
Please note: This is not intended to become a platform for politics, but rather human experiences. Any inappropriate material will be edited or discarded.