The Geneva History Museum (GHM) is looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team as the Administrative Assistant. Customer service experience, and the ability to multi-task with a welcoming smile is required. Please email resume to Director@GenevaHistoryMuseum.org by Tuesday, July 23. Training starts in early August.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Status: Part Time (Avg. 20 hrs./wk.); $15/hour
Overview: The Geneva History Museum (GHM) Administrative Assistant manages visitor services, daily museum operations, volunteers and the Museum Gift Shop.
- Manage visitor services at front desk including opening/closing museum galleries, tracking admission, managing GHM Gift Shop sales, and checking-in guests for programs and events
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director, Staff and Board of Directors including regular mailings, GHM attendance records, correspondence, records, and publicity files
- Maintain and update lobby recognition wall
- Manage room rental calendar
- Recruit and manage volunteers for front desk, special projects and events, as needed
- Oversee volunteer hours log
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation and membership events
- Manage outside contracts for office equipment and coordinate maintenance and annual inspections of building
- Order GHM supplies
- Oversee, manage and display Museum Gift Shop inventory
- Excellent customer service skills and inviting manner to make positive first impression of GHM
- Familiarity with technology, including Mac software systems and iPad apps, or ability to learn
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to both work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated effective writing and verbal communication skills
Work Schedule: The GHM Administrative Assistant Manager will work an average of 20 hours per week, at least one Saturday per month, and some evening events.
Accountability: The GHM Administrative Assistant reports to the GHM Executive Director